Monday, December 11, 2023

Pausing to Reflect on the Second Week of Advent

 Here we are at the 2nd Week of Advent!  How has it been going for you?

I love this past Sunday's gospel, describing St. John the Baptist.  What a bold guy!  He shouts from the desert, to "Prepare the way of the Lord!"  He does not hold back, at the same time humbling himself in saying that He is not worthy loosen Jesus' sandals.  

I sense a few questions for me and for you, to reflect on: 

Am I hesitant to bring Jesus to others?  

Do I strive to live a Christlike example, that He may work through me?  

How ready am I to evangelize to others?  

It doesn't have to be a direct proclamation (unless that is your calling).  But what about the way I live, following the virtues and thinking "what would Jesus do?"  

Christ is alive!  Are we preparing a way for Him into our hearts, and in the way we radiate Him with our lives?

No comments:

Post a Comment