Saturday, February 25, 2017

In Preparation of Lent
I wasn’t quite sure what to give up for Lent this year.  You may be thinking the same thing as well.  I wasn’t positive if giving something up would help me.  (If you feel called to mortify yourself in some way, go for it!  We are all led in a unique, individual way by the spirit.)
A good question to ask ourselves is: what will spiritually feed me this Lent?
I have already begun 33 Days to Morning Glory, a preparation to consecrate myself on a particular feast day to Mary.  The Annunciation is going to be beautiful this year!
But I wanted to be continually growing, even after the feast day.  So, with all that said, I have decided to concentrate on more trusting prayer and spiritual reading this Lent.  It’s time to go out into the desert with Our Lord. 
I hope this blog provides you with many insights and graces, and I hope by summarizing these personal insights that I am able to live them out more fully.  But, if you and I can take them to a deeper level this Lent, let us begin with openness and good faith.
I encourage you to go on this Lenten journey with me.  If you would like to post a comment or send me an e-mail to take my posts to “the next level,” please do so.  We are on this Lenten journey together! 

God be Ever Praised!

1 comment:

  1. I'm looking forward to going on this Lenten journey, hoping it will be extremely fruitful and filled with graces. Let us walk with Jesus on his way to Calvary.

    ReplyDelete