Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Confidence In God

We just celebrated the Feast of Our Lady’s Assumption into Heaven.  It’s funny, because it made me ponder Our Lord’s Ascension into Heaven rather than her own!  I remember once, as a teenager, how I meditated on “being with Him” during that time.  I did not want to let Him go!  But He kept promising me that He would never leave me.
Now, after learning from St. Therese, I am practicing the attitude of confidence; confidence that Jesus never leaves me.  Sure, there are still plenty of times where I have to strive to put this attitude of trust and assurance into effect, but I am building up these “spiritual muscles” of grace.

Yes!  (Or is it no?)  Jesus never leaves us.  It is we who tend to leave Him.  It is I who am saddened, thinking I am alone.  But He never is the cause for saddening me, because He really never left!  Let us take another look at God as Father, and know that He never abandons His children- and neither will Our Lady.

No comments:

Post a Comment