Saturday, December 19, 2020

Fourth Week of Advent

 

                Happy Fourth Week of Advent!  I decided to post via letter, to make sure I also reach out to those who are following the blog. 

                As we make the final preparations for Christmas, I would like to reflect on Sunday’s gospel, written by St. Matthew.  Though it had taken place nine months earlier, it brings us back to the Mystery of the Annunciation.  I see this scene as something the Blessed Mother looks back on, just before the day she gives birth to Jesus, our Savior, in Bethlehem.  Then I hear in my head different songs artists have written, like “Mary Did You Know?” and “Breath of Heaven.”  It brings me to this interior conversation with her, and asking “What was going through your mind?”  I must also add the question, of “What was going through St. Joseph’s mind?”  It must have taken a lot of faith and trust, believing that this child his wife was to give birth to, was conceived by the power of the Holy Spirit. 

                In reflecting on these questions, we can ask ourselves how we can respond with Mary’s same fiat, and St. Joseph’s humble submission to the will of God, in Christ’s birth. 

                Maranatha!  Come, Lord Jesus!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment