Saturday, February 24, 2018

Spirituality


                One of my “favorite,” most meaningful, aspects of evangelizing about has been topics based on spirituality.  It teaches how to live out the truth of the Catholic Faith as well as identifying it with the lessons of daily living.
                I have gotten a glimpse of different spiritualities while discerning with different religious communities.  I have especially come to love Salesian spirituality while at the Visitation Monastery, as St. Francis de Sales was their founder.  He definitely is a gentle saint!  I have read so many of his writings that have “softened” the hard grip of judgment that I had on myself previously.  No, I’m not perfect still, but he continues to remind me that gentleness is indeed a virtue!
                I’m sure a lot of what is developed into spirituality also comes with life experience.  For example, St. Therese, a Carmelite nun, could have easily become discouraged about the road to holiness; but she didn’t.  Looking back through the Scriptures and knowing God to be merciful rather than harsh, she knew she could run to Him like a child, arms outstretched towards His welcoming embrace. 
                The emphasis of different spiritualities are a great guide to Christian living.  Learn from your own life or the lives of others, and you’ll realize an exemplary way to holiness!  God be ever praised!

No comments:

Post a Comment