Sunday, February 18, 2018

The Time of Fulfillment


“This is the time of fulfillment” Jesus says in this Sunday’s gospel.  Do you ever reach a point in your life when you feel yourself saying this?  Sometimes I feel this way when I’m about to give a talk at youth group.  But I also remember reaching this “epic” time at the beginning of my formation while at the monastery.  It was this pivotal moment that had long been awaited.  And at every Night Prayer when we made the Sign of the Cross and chanted “Now let Your servant go in peace, Your word has been fulfilled,” I truly sensed a completion to my life.  I was wearing the habit, chanting the office, gliding through the monastery as a Sister…  Yes!  Now is the time of fulfillment. 
Back out in the world as a lay person, I don’t need to feel like those days are over.  I can still live out a “time of fulfillment” by living out the gospel from day to day.  I can be a witness, a channel of God’s love, and live out that “The Kingdom of God is at hand.” 
Now is the time!  What time are you living out?

No comments:

Post a Comment