Friday, October 22, 2021

 

In the gospel two days ago, Jesus starts off by acclaiming “I have come to set the earth on fire, and how I wish it were already blazing!”  There is this strong desire to change the world, and that is through His proclamation of the Kingdom, and in His works of redemption. 

For me lately, I have been shyer about explaining the faith to others.  But what kind of difference does that make?  While writing this, it has made me recall my early days in helping at youth group, and how much more “on fire” I was.  But now I see the great need to keep this fire going, these flames of love.  From my own spiritual reading, I see the responsibility as a Catholic to proclaim the faith both in word and deed.

I invite you to join me in this self-examination of conscience: How am I bringing the love of Christ to others?

No comments:

Post a Comment