Monday, June 12, 2017

Spending Time With God

                Today, as we prepare for the first official days of summer, I invite you to enter it with an open mind.  Vacations are probably already planned, summer jobs for the kids are filled, and life begins anew for the recent college graduate. 
                What will these summer days bring?  I’m not for sure myself.  I have considered settling into a new routine, but today is my first “quiet day” in a long time.  I have considered praying the Divine Office throughout the day, like old times.  I may also appreciate the beauty of nature by going for frequent walks in the countryside. 

                What will you do?  It’s kind of like Lent, except the Ordinary Time becomes Extra-Ordinary.  How can I incorporate a little, hidden way of good deeds into my life?  How can I give more time for God?  I pray not so much for a “successful” encounter with God, but a realization of His goodness in our lives.  God be Ever Praised!

No comments:

Post a Comment