Thursday, July 12, 2018

It's not always easy to stand up for the Catholic Faith.  It can seem so contradictory and misunderstood by our modern society.  I didn't feel ready when a new acquaintance asked me for the specifics of what I believe.  I have spoken at youth group so many times, but this time, I was just getting past a spiritual struggle.  Yet I wasn't about to leave them with their false assumptions.
St Peter says "but sanctify Christ as Lord in your hearts, always being ready to make a defense to everyone who asks you to give an account for the hope that is in you, yet with gentleness and reverence.". (1 Peter 3:15)
Be proud to be Catholic and do not let people walk away with misunderstandings and bad first impressions.  At the same time, it's not about forcing it down people's throats.
Let the Holy Spirit guide you!

No comments:

Post a Comment