Thursday, March 7, 2019

First 24 Hours of Lent


                Well, it is the day after Ash Wednesday and the holy season of lent has begun.  I pray that this time in the “desert” is a fruitful time of growing in holiness and closer to Our Lord.  It made me wonder today about how I am living up to this Facebook Page’s title: “A Catholic Presence.”  Not that I need to be sticking it in people’s faces. But am I an authentic Christian in deed and frequent in receiving the Sacraments of Reconciliation and Holy Communion?

                Let us enter by the “Narrow Way.” 

                Come Lord, help us to understand what you are calling us to. Our Lady of Sorrows, in your fidelity at Calvary, help me to see and trust that Jesus is here for us in His redeeming love; and that we can be there for Him in His passion too. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment