Sunday, June 7, 2020

Feast of the Holy Trinity


                Happy Feast of the Most Holy Trinity!  It is truly a delight for me to be joining in the celebration of this particular Sunday on the church calendar, as my alma mater in high school was named after the Trinity!  So Happy Feast Day graduates! 
                In today’s First Reading, we learn in the Book of Exodus how God wanted to describe Himself to Moses and the Israelites.  First, as I Am, and then later on in exclaiming:

“The Lord, the Lord, a merciful and gracious God, slow to anger and rich in kindness and fidelity.”

                He is approachable and ever ready to forgive.  How have we imagined God in the past?  This may seem like a review of what I have spoken of before (e.g. who is God to you, and who is He really?)  But I think this is really important to tap in to our prayer lives.  Let God reveal Himself to you. 
                Have a blessed week!

No comments:

Post a Comment