Thursday, September 22, 2016

Since entering my adult years, I have realized more and more what kind of world I live in.  Though sheltered by good morals and being around the right kind of people, we are surrounded by violence, immorality, and clashing politics. 

Knowing what is truth is so important: what is right, and what is just.  I have heard so much about witnessing during times of persecution, and I must admit my confidence has not dared me to always step out of my comfort zone of passivity and shyness. 

But, since going to school, I have been unafraid of witnessing to friends that, yes, I was in the monastery for three years, until I got really sick.  Yes, I am Catholic.  And yes, I am not ashamed to pray grace before meals in public. 

Yes, I am shy about sharing my political views, because I still strive to know them; but I also need to decide when my voice needs to be heard.  Should Target be excluded from my choice of shopping?  Yes. 


This is only a “scratch off the surface” to living in a troubled world in need of much prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment