Monday, October 17, 2016

Happy Feast Day!
Happy belated Feast of St. Margaret Mary!  I celebrate with my dear sisters, especially in honor of a recently deceased sister’s feast day, Sr. Anne Marguerite, and a certain somebody’s profession anniversary.
There are many reasons for me and my Order to be celebrating.  As a former member, it is also bittersweet.  Should I still be celebrating, or should I be grieving that I am not with them at this time? 
I choose to accept where I am and hope I will be back someday.  I can still rejoice with my sisters, even though I no longer pray the Divine Office regularly or follow their customs.  But that’s okay. 
We are all called to do something in life and I am happy to be a Catholic laywoman writing this blog at this time in my life.  I am happy to be going to school and I am happy to find myself still being sentimental when it comes to remembering my three years in the monastery – even if the sentiments can be sometimes sad still.
I can still be a spiritual mother and sister to all of you, and I am so grateful for that! 
And as the sisters conclude every letter: God be Praised!


No comments:

Post a Comment