Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Love
For those of you who are strong in English grammar, love is a noun.  But, in my own prayer life, both while I was in the monastery and now more recently, I have seen the word to be a verb.
How is this, you ask? 
Love must always be in action, just as verbs are.  It is not stagnant.  It is always, in a way, proving – giving - itself to others. 
My favorite Bible verses come from 1 Corinthians 13 (Love is patient, love is kind…) I have seen it used as an examination of conscience before.  Do we really consider if we are following this beautiful definition by St. Paul?

I’m still contemplating and seeking ways to live out my love for God and neighbor – I probably always will be!  It is all part of the journey.   I strive to do this through my direction of intention for love of God and neighbor as a single person.  But that is for another blog post!

No comments:

Post a Comment