Monday, May 13, 2024

Overcoming Fear, (My Call to Share How I am Growing Out of my Weakness)

 I have been experiencing a lot of fear lately (yes, even the one "preaching" to you is imperfect and has a weakness, because I am human).  While being vague for the sake of my own privacy, let me share a few generalities regarding these things: The fear of the unknown, the fear of losing control, and the fear of falling short and failing.  Maybe you can relate.  I invite you to take a look at your fears and see how you and I are choosing to respond to them.

Pope St. John Paul II boldly proclaimed throughout his papacy: Be Not Afraid! because Jesus is with us.  And you and I have got to remember that fear is a human emotion, and (wake-up call) we are human.  We have options to fight/flight/ or freeze every time we have a sense of fear come over us.  (Unfortunately, I tend to freeze and get stuck.  Though lately I have been working on breaking that pattern and choosing to "fight," in order to reclaim who I want to be when those fears tempt to dissuade me.)

Jesus wants us to trust Him.  Where we might feel frightened about the future, He wants us to know that nothing will ever happen without His plan for our lives.  Where we might fear losing control, He is the calm in the storm.  Where we fear failing in what we expect from ourselves, Christ calls us to be gentle with ourselves, and to just let ourselves feel Loved by Him.

I don't know, maybe you are going through something similar.  I felt called to share this with you, and sometimes I speak more boldly by written word rather than putting together a video.  So if you feel isolated and troubled in yours fears, know that I am praying for you, and that Jesus is inviting you to break the isolation and face it with Him.  I pray that He also sends people into your lives to be a support to you.

The Peace of Christ invites us to a renewed hope, so walk on in the freedom and the knowing that you are Loved by Him!  In recently recalling His Ascension, we remember that He promises to never leave us.  Give Jesus a big hug, and called Him "Father!"

No comments:

Post a Comment