Friday, January 27, 2017

                I frequently worry about the future.  (IF the same goes for you, let this blog post be the point where we both make a conscious effort to acknowledge it and make a change.)
                The future is full of “what-ifs,” making consequences of our actions uncertain.  What if they don’t approve?  What if I fail?  What if things don’t work out?  What if they do work out?  The future is determined by these answers, leading life to go either way.
                To tell you the truth, in my own personal life, I worry about tomorrow as well as what may happen next year.  But, this morning, I stopped myself in my thoughts and remembered something
St. Francis de Sales says:
“Do not fear what may happen tomorrow. The same loving Father who cares for you today will care for you tomorrow and every day. Either he will shield you from suffering or He will give you unfailing strength to bear it. Be at peace then and put aside all anxious thoughts and imaginings.”

                It is time to make a change.

No comments:

Post a Comment