Wednesday, January 11, 2017

In today’s gospel (please take the time to read Mark 1:29-39), we hear in part that Jesus went into solitude to pray, only to be called back by His disciples to cure the sick.  “Everyone is looking for you” Simon says.
This past Christmas break has been a time of self-discovery for me, and to realize that God is there in spite of any consolation or desolation I may have, in my prayer life. 
Coming to daily Mass this morning, I felt like Jesus.  I wanted to be away from everything and just be with God.  But I also faced the need to be with people.  I’m not in a monastery, and I’ve come to accept that.  With my desire and opportunity to witness to others, I must also be with the people I witness to by word and example.
I need to be there with them, and I would not want to miss these golden opportunities.  Like John the Baptist during the early days of Advent, I want to “prepare the way of the Lord.” 

I’m still learning what it is to seek true life in Christ, but it is what I can already proclaim.  Living is going after one’s potential.  This is what I seek as a writer.  But it is with my life “hidden in God” that I aspire to be a Christian writer.  Everyone can respond to Christ’s Words to “Come, follow Me” in their own personal way, and this is the life I encourage you to live today.  God be Praised!

No comments:

Post a Comment