Friday, January 13, 2017

It’s a chilly, winter’s day in Central California.  Though school hasn’t quite started for me, I find plenty of things to do.
Leaving 7 AM Mass, my dad and I go from the respite of the heated church to the cold of the great outdoors.  My heavy jacket cannot warm me enough, the nippy breeze seeming to crawl up my sleeves.  But, tis the season.  We warm up again within the confines of the car and drive home.  Looking out my window, I see fellow parishioners starting to do the same.
The sun is not shining down on us, like the summers of old; though we have taken a break from a week of heavy rain. 
I check the temperature outside when we get home, reading 50 degrees.  Is that all?
I continue with my morning by putting away my devotional books and warming up some lemon ginger tea with a teaspoon of honey. I’m more of a “lukewarm” drinker, but it is enough to warm my unsettled body.
I remember the chilled cookie dough in the refrigerator and proceed to lay it out on two cookie sheets.  The thought of a fresh, warm, chocolate chip cookie sounds good right now.

The joys of a cold, winter’s morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment