Saturday, January 7, 2017

Just Be
As a writer, I have to be open to the idea of having an audience who will join me on the journey of life.  Today I want to take you on yesterday's day trip to the beaches of Morro Bay.
My family brought the traditional subsandwiches for lunch.  We enjoy a hearty meal at the beginning of every venture here.
I "set up camp" before a low tide and plenty of rocks to explore.  I'm not much of a climber; I simply like to use these outings to either sit or walk, and reflect on my life.  I'm trying not to make any decisions or even worry, today.  It's time to simply be.
To contemplate the roll of the waves and see how they skim the tidal pools...  There is no sign of tomorrow's rain, which my family has purposefully avoided.
The cool breeze occasionally runs through my shoulder-length hair.
There is no need for high emotions.  I can be content, if I choose.  Sometimes we need to go far away from everyday life to find a place of rest.  This is mine.
So this is where I have taken you today.  Let us rest in this picturesque moment, however it has led you.  Let us be content with who we are for awhile.  No striving, no seeking or longing.  Let's just be.

No comments:

Post a Comment